So, I’m at work right now and listening to a playlist I made on YouTube. I’ve put it on shuffle. I thought it would be fun to share with you the next 10 songs that come on and tell you how I feel about them or what memory I associate with them. 🙂 Music is definitely one of my forms of therapy. It can totally pull me out of a crappy day.
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce – Love this song. It reminds me of when I took tap/ballet when I was a kid. This was one of the songs we danced to. I still remember about 2 of the moves. Haha!
- In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins – I’m actually kind of tired of this song. I should remove it from my playlist. It was a big hit at the dueling piano bar I used to go to because it was in the movie The Hangover.
- Send Me to Glory in a Glad Bag by Voice Male – This song just makes me smile. It was done by an LDS music group. The song isn’t very churchy, but it’s cute. You should totally listen to it.
- Footloose by Kenny Loggins – Here’s a little bit of trivia…this movie was filmed about 30 minutes away from where I live. One of Utah’s claim to fame’s! I’m a child of the 80s, so I LOVE this song. Makes me wanna just get up and dance!!
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen – I haven’t found a Queen song that I don’t like. This song makes me want to jump & jive in my seat. 🙂
- Enter Sandman by Metallica – The intro to this song just KICKS ASS!!! I first heard this song at Keys on Main and ever since, it’s been one of my favorites.
- Something There from Beauty & the Beast – Haha! Shows how versatile my playlist is. I love a good Disney song. Hell, I remember when this movie first came out. I can tell you exactly what theater I went to and who I went with. Going to this movie was my payment for a babysitting gig. Lol. On a side note…if you haven’t seen the new version of this movie…GO!!! It’s AWESOME!!! They did a great job with it.
- Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson – Michael was a VERY talented musician. Whenever I hear this song I think of a Halloween a couple of years back at Keys on Main. George dressed up as Michael Jackson and sang all of Michael’s songs. He sounded just like him. I’ve got a picture of it somewhere.
- I Think We’re Alone Now by Tommy James and the Shondells – My favorite version of this song was done by Tiffany back in the late 80s, early 90s. I’ve got that version of this song on my playlist too. It just reminds me of when I was a kid. My grandma and grandpa used to take me and my cousin camping every year and I remember being in the campground by the picnic table and my cousin making up a dance to this song. Lol.
- Just Give Me a Reason by Pink ft. Nate Ruess – Wow! I love this song. If you really listen to this song, it’s about a couple who have set their love aside and now they’re trying to find it again. Won’t go in to much detail, but I totally resonate with this song right now.
So…there’s my 10 songs. Do you have a favorite song?