I realize this is my 3rd post today, but just consider yourself lucky that I’m posting again. Lol. I’m bored and trying to take up time til I’m tired enough to go to bed. Lol.

So, I was reading my friend Genevieve’s blog and she said that she likes reading people’s blogs when they just talk about their every day life. So, I thought I’d let you know how today went.

Today was a very unusual day actually. First off, I slept in until 9:00 a.m. Usually I’m up by 5:30 – 6:00 a.m. to get a swim workout in, or to take the dog out, etc. It felt nice to sleep in that long. Well, technically, I was up at 6:45 a.m. and I texted with man-friend for a little bit while he got ready for work. Then I went back to sleep until 7:30 a.m. Got up again and texted with man-friend for a little bit, then finally went back to sleep until 9:00 a.m.

Normally I would have a workout, but since I’m tapering this week, and since today is a travel day, no workout today.

I finally got my ass out of bed, even though I could have kept sleeping, to see a text from my roommate saying we were having plumbing problems and no shower or laundry could be done today.

I finished packing for my 1/2 Ironman and headed out the door. I decided to head over to man-friend’s house and took a shower there and then took Tank for a walk. Poor Tank, you’d think I was torturing him by letting him out of his kennel but making him wait until I was done with my shower before I would take him for a walk. Lol.

Someone is ready for a walk.
Someone is ready for a walk.

Once I took Tank for a walk, I got him back in his kennel (felt bad about that) and headed out the door. I had to stop by Salt Lake Running Co really quick to get some extra gels and a new sports bra for my race on Saturday. I didn’t want any chaffing. So, dropped $75 there. While I was there, I got a pep talk from my coach (he’s the manager there) about my race on Saturday. He has all the confidence in the world of me and he thinks I’ll do just great. He reassured me about the hills on the bike course, the swim and that was going to be kind of hot on the run, but since we’re running by the Boise River, it shouldn’t be too bad.

I finally got to my parents house to pick up my dad and we gassed up the car and were on our way to Boise. Queue the long 4 1/2 hour car ride from Salt Lake City to Boise, Idaho. Snooze fest!!!

We made our typical stop in Burley, Idaho to use the restroom, grab some lunch and then we were on the road again.

Finally we pulled in to Boise, ID. Because of issues with our hotel reservation, we’re staying at one hotel tonight and then transferring to a different hotel for the rest of the nights we’re here.

We went and had dinner at Sizzler tonight and it was ok. I had their chicken fried steak (needed some protein) and made a nice salad from the salad bar. The steak was ok, but I wouldn’t order it again.

Now, I’m sitting back at the hotel, trying to pass time by messing around on my computer. Anxiety is at a premium and I’ve got severe nervous legs. Tomorrow is going to be a crazy busy day with switching hotels, checking my bike in to transition, etc.

How has your day been?


1 thought on “Today”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s