Oh man, today is the first day of the weekend and I’m already exhausted. Maybe it’s because I spent 3 hours on the bike trainer today. You heard me…3…hours. Whew!
I got up bright and early this morning because I had an appointment at 8:00 a.m., but that fell through. I ended up going back to bed because I had a killer headache. I’ve been waking up with alot of headaches lately. I couldn’t imagine sitting on the bike trainer for 3 hours with a headache.
I finally got up at 10:00 a.m. and headache or not, I was going to get this workout done. I set up my bike trainer in my bedroom and sat on it for 3 hours pedaling away.
I kept waiting for the 3 hours to get overwhelming, but it never came. What did come though was tired legs. Maybe the reason it wasn’t overwhelming is because I broke it up. I didn’t just sit there and pedal. I did a 20 minute warm up and then a 20 minute cool down. Sandwiched in between the warm up & cool down was a bunch of intervals of 10 minutes in a hard gear and 5 minutes in an easy gear.
I did keep myself occupied with my DVR recording of the 12/12/12 concert. What amazing musicians. Of course my favorite was Billy Joel. Too bad my DVR cut off part of his singing.
I finished my workout biking a total of 55.1 miles in 3:01:22 and burning 2400+ calories!!! Whoa!
Not long after my workout did I go out and finish my Christmas shopping. Man, there are some crazies out there!!! I SO don’t have patience for drivers and shoppers in the Christmas season. It seems like everyone loses their common sense. Haha!!
Tomorrow is going to be busy busy as well. I’ve got to run 8 miles tomorrow. My shins are feeling really good, so I think I’ll do my 8 miles outside tomorrow. We’ll see how my shins like that.
Last but not least, I thought I’d grace you with a Christmas survey that I got from my friend over at thedancingrunner! I think these can be fun. 🙂
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD: I really enjoy hearing the Boston Pops do “Sleigh Ride”.
2. Run on Christmas Morning or Take the Day Off? I did last year. It was a lot of fun. Christmas is very nerve wracking for me, so running helps.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? There is an AWESOME bakery here in town and we always get donuts or cinnamon rolls from there and have that with a big glass of milk.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? When I was little, we’d drive up to Park City and have a picnic in our car and watch people ski down the mountain. Then we’d go along the river and around the golf course up there and go golf ball hunting. I miss that.
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? We are 100% fake! I don’t remember the last time we had a real Christmas tree.
6. Christmas pajamas…yay or nay? Nay. We get Christmas pillow cases that my mom makes. I’ve never been given pajamas for Christmas.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Since I live with my parents right now, I spend it at home with them. This year will be a little different. I’ll be dog sitting in Salt Lake City, so I’ll have to drive home Christmas morning.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Nagadoches. It is DELICIOUS!!! It is a cross between a cake and a brownie. However, I can usually only have 1 piece because it is so rich.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? Stockings yes or no? We all take turns. My mom would rather wait to open all of her presents until everybody else has, but we make her open her presents while everyone else does too. We’ve always done stockings. My mom crocheted us all our individual stockings, but we decided to preserve them and bought new stockings a while ago. The stockings are the first thing we do.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? Elf! Without a doubt.
What are your plans for the weekend? Are you ready for Christmas?