I was searching online today about tapering for my marathon & I found this list here and found it quite humorous & true, so I had to post it on my blog.
You Know You’re Marathon Tapering When…
- You’re constantly hungry.
- You’re having dreams that you show up to the race start in your underwear or without your running shoes.
- You’re cranky from NOT running.
- You find yourself frequently saying “After the marathon…”.
- You’re reading a lot of motivation quotes about marathons.
- Your friends/significant other/co-workers run in the opposite direction when you mention the word “marathon”.
- You’ve completely lost focus at work.
- You’re convinced you’ve gained 10 lbs since you started tapering.
- You feel sluggish and like you could run forever…all during the same run.
- You’ve planned out 3 possible outfits for the race and keep asking running friends for opinions on which one to go with.
- You have random bursts of energy when you want to reorganize your closets or kitchen pantry.
- You’ve studied the course map enough that you’ve memorized where all the porta-potties will be on the course.
- You obsessively check the weather forecast for race day.
- Most of your Facebook updates are marathon related.
- You research celebrity marathon times to see what famous people you could beat.
- You’ve tried every race time prediction calculator on the internet.
- You’ve vowed to not eat pasta for at least a month after the marathon.
- You feel tired during a short run and start wondering how you can possibly do 26.2.
- Every little twinge makes you think you’ve got a race-ending injury.
Now, I do have to say, this doesn’t go for just marathons. I’ve experienced all of these with 1/2 marathons, triathlons, you name it. I just found this quite humorous and had to share with you guys.
Do you have any others you’d like to add to the list?