I have been blessed to have been nominated for the Leibster Award by 1000kmstowindermere. Granted, I don’t get a statue or anything and this is just an award from the blogging community, but it still makes me excited.
First off, if I could borrow something from 1000kmstowindermere, the word Leibster comes from the German word “Liebster” meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
So, what do I need to do?
1. Add the award icon to your blog
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for your nominations to answer
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award
So here goes.
11 Facts About Me
-I took tap & ballet for 5 years when I was little in hopes of improving my coordination. It didn’t work.
-I have 5 tattoos and plan on getting more.
-I was raised Mormon, but I don’t practice that religion any longer.
-I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews and a dog I get to doggysit alot.
-I take medication to help with my anxiety and depression.
-My favorite flower is the tulip.
-I’ve only had 1 DNF (did not finish) in my 3 1/2 years of racing.
-I’m overwhelmed by the amount of shows on my DVR right now. I need to go through and delete some.
-I just changed jobs and now work for a mortgage company doing payroll.
-Overall, I’m not happy with my life right now, but I need to figure out how to change it.
-Last but not least, I was supposed to be born September 20th, but I decided to hold out a little longer and I wasn’t born until October 10th.
11 Questions from 1000kmstowindermere
What’s your middle name? I don’t have one.
Did you have a teddy as a child? I did. I had a couple of Care Bears and I had a little rag doll that I absolutely loved and wouldn’t go to bed without.
What’s your normal Tuesday routine? Wake up, work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., then head home and get on the bike trainer for usually 1 – 1 1/2 hrs then do a short run after.
If the moon’s not made of cream cheese, what is it made of? Hmmm…good question. It would be awesome if it was made of ice cream.
If this is the question, what is the answer? I have no idea.
Do you like brussel sprouts? I do. My aunt made some a couple of years ago and she sauteed them with bacon and butter and it was delicious!
Which is your favourite child? I don’t have any kids of my own. I love all 4 of my nieces and nephews. Each one holds a special spot with me.
Have you ever met a giraffe you haven’t fallen in love with? No. Melman is my favorite!
Where were you happiest? I don’t know if it’s a specific place, but when I’m working out is when I’m happiest. It’s when I forget all of my troubles and stresses.
What’s your greatest personal achievement? Losing 114 lbs and competing in triathlons and marathons.
Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this job? Because I am THAT good. (Just kidding…enter sarcasm.)
Now, my 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite family tradition?
2. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
3. Do you live in the same city you grew up in?
4. If you could have ANY job, what would it be & why?
5. Do you have a favorite piece of jewelry?
6. If you do triathlons/running, do you have a dream race?
7. What is the farthest you’ve traveled from home?
8. What is your favorite sweet treat?
9. Do you like to drink alcoholic beverages? If so, what’s your favorite?
10. Do you have a favorite celebrity?
11. What is your greatest personal achievement?
Last but not least, I will nominate: